The Elgin Tower Building is 186 feet tall and 15 stories. It was built in 1929 to house the Home National Bank. Designed by W. G. Knoebel it is one of only two Art Deco buildings in the city. The art deco design was modified to incorporate some neo-classical forms so as not to appear too modern or radical to the conservative villagers. The tower two-story base extends 31 feet (9.4 m) beyond the upper thirteen floors on the west side and 25 feet (7.6 m) on the west side. The building’s entrance, two sets of three glass doors, faces the southwest and is flanked by Corinthian columns. An eagle statue adorns the top of each column. Classic elements are carved into the limestone base, consistent with Art Deco style. Seven bas-relief eagles are carved on the top of the second floor, below a zig-zagging parapet. Windows are arched and feature high relief fasces. A three-faced clock is found on the east corner; the original owner was the Home National Bank who previously advertised the building as “The Bank with the Clock”. The clock is in a copper case with copper and bronze ornamentation. In January of 2018, renovation by Capstone Development was completed and the Elgin Tower Building now serves as 44 luxury apartments with a fitness center for residents on the top floor.